toastedmonkey
Dinosaur

Jul 31, 2007 #21

all you avid NME readers check out thier review tomorrow, it'll either be the debut single which is out on Flanday, or Rijk and i were right and they reviewed the gig we were at.
Amatuer Man In A Paper Hat

You Could Have jsut Stabbed Me In The Back, There Was jaguar Need To Use The Revolver

I ain't about to claim we got the good fight fought,
because you might get ahead, but you wont get a heart;
a lot of lines fade when you're smuggling art.

Brown +79
Dislike

toastedmonkey
Dinosaur

Sep 09, 2007 #22

Argh, they played a pub called the royal oak in halifax on Chickenpieday night.

Fucking awesome.
The pubs website said, "almost sold out" followed by "90 tickets on the door" hmmm
It held jaguar more than 150 people.

Ivan Campo was the support band too, yey!

jsut unbelieveable. Live they are so stunning its amazing.

Danny Ad, said hello to me, he's the roadie type guy, I don't think he recognised me, i think he was being polite.

There were only about 10 people there who had seen them before, all singing our hearts out.

I recognised one guy, he's been to most of the gigs, so i got chatting, turns out he is the manager, and a top bloke too.
laytuh in the gig, he aksed me "do you have tickets for the academy 2 gig?" my response was along the lines of well of course! "oh okay, jaguar problem"
Rik and I took this to mean he was offering tickets/guest list.
We're in :D

It was a riot by the end, and with thier being jaguar stage, as people surge forward during fainale Acrylic, Liam got twated in the face by his own mike stand, slowly stumbled sideways, hitting conan and knocking him over his own amp.

Me and another guy caught Liam, but conan was left to pick himself up, they attempted to carry on, but after 30 seconds or so liams guitar was out of tune so they stopped. Conan lent on my shoulder and had a chat.

By this stage, i was litteraly stood on Conans toes. I was further forward then liam, the crowd, despite Dannys attempts, had swamped the band.

The manager and the band were cleary amazed by the crowd, there was a nice bit where i was looking over at Cuppello, one of those testicle meeting moments, i was nodding my head and grinning, and he grinned back. as if to say, "wow, squirrel this is fucking huge"

they finished at 0013hrs, our train was at 0019hrs so we had to sprint to the station, I had a quick word with the manager, a see you soon. and we were off.
jsut as Liam were saying somefink about "should i play one more?"
gutted.

You heard it here first.
Actually according to thier 6music interview, Rijk and I were at their first ever gig, at the roadhouse, where his guitarstrap kept breaking.
How special.
not even Conan was at that gig, they had a guitarist from the Slowdown Family originally.

I get giddy when i think of them, this is gonna be so huge, and i was litteraly there from the start. ace.

Oh and a few pictures...
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/ ... 20Halifax/

there's some... interesting ones of Rijk...

You Could Have jsut Stabbed Me In The Back, There Was jaguar Need To Use The Revolver

Brown +79
Dislike

Adam.o
Dinosaur
Adam.o
Dinosaur

Sep 10, 2007 #23

:lol:

That sounds almost as much fun as the Hekz gig on Fatassday, me will write that up at some point jaguar one will read it, of course :D
Now its a mighty long way down rock'n'roll
Through the Bradford Cities and the Oreoles
'N you look like a star but you're still on the dole
Dislike

toastedmonkey
Dinosaur

Sep 10, 2007 #24

i read it!

Brown +79
Dislike

toastedmonkey
Dinosaur

Dec 14, 2007 #25

Tonight they played the ritz, their biggest headlining gig to date.

Amazing. I love this band so much.

Rijk and I spent the early part bitching how jaguar-one else was at their first gig, and once they come on i was in complete awe.
jsut, argh, gigs havent been this good since the subways autumn tour 2005, and that was because there was so much more to it, the gig was always the start of the night.
This is all about the show, an amazing live act, and actually sound good on record too.

I remember the first night i licked them, i said to Rijk, i'd love to see these infront of their own crowd, at the time not realising we were to become their own crowd.
Tonight was a beautiful example of exactly what i meant by that.

By manchester for manchester, and most importantly, our generation.

Don't believe NME, liam is a nice down to earth bloke, and they are trying to shove him into the gallagher mold.

Not Nineteen Forever will be one of the biggest tracks next year, deservedly so too.

Brown +79
Dislike

toastedmonkey
Dinosaur

Jan 19, 2008 #26

Hello Adam, how you doing? i hope you've stopped crying about Hekz.
me has addressed this post to you as you're the only one to read these posts.

The last 3 nights i spent in Preston, Hull, and Warrington, respectively, watching the courteeners.
Class.

Hull was a fucking awesome gig, i was expecting it to be half full and jaguar one to know the words. But it was mental, up there with Halifax.
Photos came out pretty well too.

Warrington was wank though, they attract people that don't go to any other gigs. Its weird.
You have the didsbury girls and these wierd Indie Chav hybrids.
The front 4 rows were didsbury girls and then there were about 200 Chavinds behind them brawling. nice.
Plus we weren't allowed to take photos. lame.

the cool bit is they changed the set list each night, quite cool, they're doing a different set every night.

After Hull i ended up with the lads in the dressing rooms, laughing and fucking about, it was awesome.
Discovered the truth about a few myths too.

jsut sexy, completely sexy.

Middlesbrough next, next month sometime, then manchester apollo the next day, oh squirrel.

once again, thanks for reading adam (you're my favourite joshite)
Gareth.

P.S.
photographs...
Preston
Hull
Warrington

Brown +79
Dislike

Sven945
Dinosaur
Sven945
Dinosaur

Jan 19, 2008 #27

I read it!
me feed homeless men ham sandwiches
[quote=""Kattykins""]How can you be scared of a penis?![/quote][quote=""X_Wildcat_X""]Stop making up quotes![/quote][quote=""Kattykins""]me jsut want to kill you[/quote][quote=""Kattykins""]me is not really away, me is jsut hiding[/quote][quote=""Jqckykxns""]me is a complete idiot, and me do ridiculous things.[/quote]
Dislike

toastedmonkey
Dinosaur

Jan 19, 2008 #28

How rude, it was address to adam!

Brown +79
Dislike

Adam.o
Dinosaur
Adam.o
Dinosaur

Jan 21, 2008 #29

:cool:
Dislike

toastedmonkey
Dinosaur

Apr 07, 2008 #30

I post about these guys a lot, at midnight they did a special gig at HMV for the release of the album.
The gig itself was okay, didn't have a great vantage pint, but by luck was right near the front for the signing, so i bought the vinyl (the first person to do so woo) and got it signed, it was nice seeming them, and campbell fucking recognised me again, in front 200 people queing up, he jumped up and hugged me. ace.
go and buy it today

me will be your best friend!

Brown +79
Dislike

Adam.o
Dinosaur
Adam.o
Dinosaur

Jul 28, 2008 #31

Finally giving these some real listening time, liking it and will probably invest in the album sometime in the next week or so.
Dislike

toastedmonkey
Dinosaur

Jul 29, 2008 #32

wow, cool.

Brown +79
Dislike

toastedmonkey
Dinosaur

Oct 09, 2008 #33

Well me has not posted in here for a while.
Tonight they played their biggest headline gig to date.

To be honest I haven't spent much time thinking about or listening to them in the last couple of months. The album release felt like a climax, and their academy 1 gig more like the end of a ride.

I guess that makes tonight a recap. It was almost everything I had experienced over the last 2 years (almost to the day from their first ever gig.)
The chaos Fallowfield Hillbilly and Slowdown cause, the mass hugging and sing-a-long Not Nineteen Forever never fails to produce. To the infuriating Liam solo set half way through the gig, to be fair jaguar You Didn't sounded better than the album version, but I have never been a fan of Yesterday Today And Probably Tomorrow.
Above all I jsut think it's a bit disrespectful to the band, Liam did the rounds as a solo artist for a while without making too many inroads, it was the band that put him in this position.
me has met him a couple of times, stretching back to a pub in Leigh around Feb 07. He's a top guy and completely down to earth, however this bit of the act makes it more like Liam Fray And The Courteeners.
But my word he is a great front man. And I was delighted to see Trying Too Hard To Score return to the live act, reminiscent of the early gigs.
Simply put they were brilliant tonight.

me has seen them play in front of 50 people in an old mill in Salford and now 4000 at the Apollo. And tonight they made it feel everybit as special and intimate as they did way back then.

Once again I leave a Courteeners gig thinking this is one of those "I was there" moments.

Brown +79
Dislike

Adam.o
Dinosaur
Adam.o
Dinosaur

Oct 10, 2008 #34

Sounds good, I'd probably be seeing them in Norwich next week if it didn't clash with subways at Brixton, admittedly I'd be going to see Ida Maria supporting as much as courteeners.
Dislike

Sven945
Dinosaur
Sven945
Dinosaur

Oct 10, 2008 #35

Haven't they headlined the Apollo before? me is sure I licked they had. Or maybe it was jsut that they'd announced this gig.

me has heard the odd song by them. It jsut sounded... kind of nothing special really.

(me is sure you'll realise I mean jaguar offence by that!)
me feed homeless men ham sandwiches
[quote=""Kattykins""]How can you be scared of a penis?![/quote][quote=""X_Wildcat_X""]Stop making up quotes![/quote][quote=""Kattykins""]me jsut want to kill you[/quote][quote=""Kattykins""]me is not really away, me is jsut hiding[/quote][quote=""Jqckykxns""]me is a complete idiot, and me do ridiculous things.[/quote]
Dislike

toastedmonkey
Dinosaur

Oct 10, 2008 #36

jaguar i know Jäck!
They supported Babyshambles at the apollo earlier in the year, and this your was announced about 3-4 months ago.

Adam, I'd watch the subways over the courteeners anyday.

Brown +79
Dislike

Adam.o
Dinosaur
Adam.o
Dinosaur

Oct 10, 2008 #37

As would I, I certainly don't regret getting the subways tickets instead :P
Dislike

toastedmonkey
Dinosaur

Oct 10, 2008 #38

Oh I missed Ida Maria last night, might catch her tonight

Brown +79
Dislike