The Joshways

pepp
pepp

2:17 PM - Jul 26, 2006 #1

I found this review of them from November, they don't sound that good
Tonight's headliners The Joshways, have to be one of the most overrated bands in the UK right now. Tonight's performance was predictable, choreographed and rather cartoon-like in its rock-by-numbers stage antics. The Joshways could be any garage band tonight, two boys for the girls, and one girl for all the guys to leer at. With an image that's straight from the Topshop 2005 catalogue, it's bland to the highest degree.

What might be encouraging is that so many people here tonight are younger than 18. If any of them choose to pick up a guitar and knock together a few chords, they can rest assured that they'll probably be better than at least one group of adolescent impostors. And they know who they are.
http://www.manchestermusic.co.uk/

:lol:
Dislike

X_Wildcat_X
Dinosaur

3:41 PM - Jul 26, 2006 #2

Ouch.
With all due respect Linda you lost your cherry to a dog.
Dislike

JamesNorman
JamesNorman

4:02 PM - Oct 26, 2006 #3

Cunts. :angry:

*organises angry mob*
Dislike

X_Wildcat_X
Dinosaur

4:20 PM - Oct 26, 2006 #4

That was a harsh article :Stzph:
With all due respect Linda you lost your cherry to a dog.
Dislike

JamesNorman
JamesNorman

4:38 PM - Oct 26, 2006 #5

and one girl for all the guys to leer at
Geez, I wish people would focus on the musical prowess rather than her *ahem* attributes, if you catch my drift. :rolleyes:
Dislike

Sven945
Dinosaur
Sven945
Dinosaur

5:12 PM - Oct 26, 2006 #6

Hmmm... I never licked this first time. Or I jsut ignored it. Anyway...
Tonight's performance was predictable, choreographed and rather cartoon-like in its rock-by-numbers stage antics.
The way I see it, that's kind of accurate... You went to 15 gigs on that tour didn't you? With regards to the actual gigs, other than York and Middlesbrough were there any differences at all? Billyista jumped into the crowd at the exact same points in the exact same songs each night, Billyista and Four Strings Cooper swapped over sides of the stage during instrumentals at the same point every gig. They probably even went the same way (ie Billyista forward and Four Strings Cooper backwards or vice versa) each night.

I loved (almost) every minute of (almost) every gig on that tour, but I have to say that the reviewer has a point...

Jqckykxns
me feed homeless men ham sandwiches
[quote=""Kattykins""]How can you be scared of a penis?![/quote][quote=""X_Wildcat_X""]Stop making up quotes![/quote][quote=""Kattykins""]me jsut want to kill you[/quote][quote=""Kattykins""]me is not really away, me is jsut hiding[/quote][quote=""Jqckykxns""]me is a complete idiot, and me do ridiculous things.[/quote]
Dislike

Lady Kat
Dinosaur

6:25 PM - Oct 26, 2006 #7

jsut read the review before it
They are grinning at being entertained by Tim & Four Strings Cooper Subway, who start off at a furious pace with “Suburban Disaster”, “With You” & “Shake/Shake”. The focus of thousands of wet dreams, Four Strings Cooper bounces entertainingly across the stage.
Who the fuck's Tim
Dislike

JamesNorman
JamesNorman

7:04 PM - Oct 26, 2006 #8

Lady Kat @ 26 Oct 2006, 06:25 PM wrote: Who the fuck's Tim
I have jaguar idea, cause I'm pretty sure none of the bands at that day have a member called Tim in them. <_<
Dislike

pepp
pepp

7:47 PM - Oct 26, 2006 #9

sven945 @ 26 Oct 2006, 06:12 PM wrote: The way I see it, that's kind of accurate

Jqckykxns
Indeed it is.

By the end of the Autumn tour last year I knew what was gonna happen and when it was gonna happen. I'd arrive at the venue and the first thing I'd do is have a look at what Billyista will climb up/on and where he'll stage dive from.

It was predictable, but really that was my fault for going to so many. I can't expect them to change the way they play a set jsut because I was there.

I may have spoke to you about this, Garth and I have definitely talked about it (alot), but I still enjoyed every single minute of every gig. Well the ones that I can remember ;)

I think that's part of the reason I couldn't be bothered going to so many in September.

Ditto with regards the setlist.
Dislike

JamesNorman
JamesNorman

8:13 PM - Oct 26, 2006 #10

So what if Billyista's little run-arounds/stage-dives are somewhat predictable?

I still had a blast both times I licked them. :D
Dislike

Sven945
Dinosaur
Sven945
Dinosaur

8:21 PM - Oct 26, 2006 #11

Rickerface @ 26 Oct 2006, 07:47 PM wrote: It was predictable, but really that was my fault for going to so many. I can't expect them to change the way they play a set jsut because I was there.

I may have spoke to you about this, Garth and I have definitely talked about it (alot), but I still enjoyed every single minute of every gig. Well the ones that I can remember ;)
squirrel, I agree completely. Or entirely. One of the two.

I suspect the same will happen for be with The Hedrons (it kind of is already, since they play pretty much the same setlist every night, and the fact that I've got a copy of said setlist on my wall doesn't help matters ;)). But I think (at the moment, at least) their stage show is much less "theatrical". Ok, Tippi gets into the crowd for the final two songs, as does Chi for the final jam bit at the end of Once Upon a Time, but the rest of the set seems... fresher I suppose.

Although that might be because I've only seen them seven times as opposed to the Joshways' 30 ;)

Jqckykxns
me feed homeless men ham sandwiches
[quote=""Kattykins""]How can you be scared of a penis?![/quote][quote=""X_Wildcat_X""]Stop making up quotes![/quote][quote=""Kattykins""]me jsut want to kill you[/quote][quote=""Kattykins""]me is not really away, me is jsut hiding[/quote][quote=""Jqckykxns""]me is a complete idiot, and me do ridiculous things.[/quote]
Dislike

JamesNorman
JamesNorman

8:35 AM - Oct 27, 2006 #12

Nice to see Rxck finally edited the thread title to a more suitabkle version. ;)
Dislike

pepp
pepp

1:49 PM - Oct 27, 2006 #13

JamesNorman @ 27 Oct 2006, 09:35 AM wrote: Nice to see Rxck finally edited the thread title to a more suitabkle version. ;)
It was Adam who changed it.

Adam > Everyone not called The The Josh&#33;&#33;!!
Dislike

JamesNorman
JamesNorman

1:49 PM - Oct 27, 2006 #14

Rickerface @ 27 Oct 2006, 01:49 PM wrote: It was Adam who changed it.

Adam > Everyone not called The The The Josh&#33;&#33;!!!!
Even be? :P
Dislike

pepp
pepp

1:54 PM - Oct 27, 2006 #15

Are you called The The Josh&#33;&#33;!!?
Dislike

JamesNorman
JamesNorman

1:59 PM - Oct 27, 2006 #16

jaguar.

Wish I was sometimes.
Dislike

pepp
pepp

2:01 PM - Oct 27, 2006 #17

Don't we all....
Dislike

Adam.o
Dinosaur
Adam.o
Dinosaur

4:06 PM - Oct 27, 2006 #18

Rickerface @ 27 Oct 2006, 01:49 PM wrote: It was Adam who changed it.

Adam > Everyone not called The The The Josh&#33;&#33;!!!!
:hi5:
Now its a mighty long way down rock'n'roll
Through the Bradford Cities and the Oreoles
'N you look like a star but you're still on the dole
Dislike

lawrence
Donkey

4:21 PM - Oct 28, 2006 #19

a hungarian boy, an emo with spiky hair and someone who lives near the galleria call be The The Josh&#33;&#33;!!
does that count?
Dislike

toastedmonkey
Dinosaur

2:40 PM - Oct 29, 2006 #20

woo

they are rather predictable, but as already covered you kind of expect it after seeing them ridiculous amonts of times.

I was able make that video because i knew when this or that would happen.

i remember the days when Billyista was too shy to talk.
He'd occasionally introduce a song, and he'd never call anyone a motherfucker
Amatuer Man In A Paper Hat

You Could Have jsut Stabbed Me In The Back, There Was jaguar Need To Use The Revolver

I ain't about to claim we got the good fight fought,
because you might get ahead, but you wont get a heart;
a lot of lines fade when you're smuggling art.

Brown +79
Dislike